The project works with the LONMIN mine in the Greater LONMIN Community (GLC) on Nutrition, HIV and other Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights matters for adolescents in GLC supported schools as well as out of school youth.
Two staff members are based in the community and are supported by a team of volunteer field workers.
This project has the following components:
- Support to the GLC Schools Nutrition project
- Training on: HIV prevention, peer education, HIV stigma mitigation, prevention of teenage pregnancies, adolescent sexual health and hygiene, gender, nutrition, sustainable food gardens and other topics as identified by the community.
- IEC materials development and distribution.
- Distribution of female hygiene products to young women in the GLC.
- Ad hoc community-based research support to LONMIN.