From February 2019 the Centre for Sexualities, AIDS and Gender (CSA&G) will be temporarily relocated to two new locations on the UP Hatfield Campus. The Akanyang Building (formerly Huis & Haard) is due for major refurbishment in 2019 to house the new Shared Learning Space for the CSA&G and the Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences from 2020. From 2020 all CSA&G facilities will also offer disability access and all bathrooms in Akanyang will also be gender neutral.
The CSA&G projects, services and initiatives will be split between locations on Prospect Street and the Graduate Centre:
Centre for Sexualities, AIDS and Gender: Prospect Street
- HIV counselling and testing for students and staff
- Just Leaders Volunteer and Leadership Development Programme
- #SpeakOutUP – anti sexual harassment support service
- General enquiries and support
Centre for Sexualities, AIDS and Gender: Graduate Centre
- Management and finance (2-76, 2-78 & 2-83)
- Researchers and research support (2-77, 2-79 & 2-85)
- Gender Justice Project (2-79)
- Gender and Queer Studies Library (2-78)
- CSA&G Press (2-83)
- UP & Out – official LGBTI Society at the University of Pretoria (2-81)
- United Nations Association of South Africa (UNASA), University of Pretoria Chapter (2-81)
We apologise for the inconvenience and please do not hesitate to contact us on 012 420 4391 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.
We look forward to welcome you to the newly refurbished Akanyang Building in 2020.